KanSPRA Fall Conference
October 24 and 25, 2019
Topeka Center for Advanced Learning and Careers
500 S.W. Tuffy Kellogg Drive
Topeka, KS 66606
Thank you to our Fall Conference Sponsors!
Gabbart Communications, Inter-State Studio, Intrado, peachjar, Blackboard
Please remit payment online while registering or make checks payable to KanSPRA and mail to:
1420 SW Arrowhead Rd., Suite 100
Topeka, KS 66604
Network with school public relations professionals and administrators from across the state, sharpen your communications skills, learn something new, enlist support for the challenges you face, and enjoy a great time among friends!
Conference sessions will include:
- Kansas Highway Patrol’s Trooper Ben
- Working with New Board of Education Members
- Wellness – taking care of you!
- National Media are Calling – are you ready?
- Vaping – what do you need to know
- NSPRA’s President Kelly Avants
- Gold Mine: Sharing of Best Practices
- How to support LGBTQ students in our schools
- One-on-One Support, & Much More!
Breakfast, lunch, and snacks provided both days!
Stay in Topeka!
- KanSPRA has reserved a block of rooms at the new Cyrus Hotel in Downtown Topeka,
920 S. Kansas Ave.
- Cyrus Hotel is where big-hearted charm resides! Located in the heart of Topeka for a middle-of-it-all experience, Cyrus Hotel features exceptionally appointed guest rooms and suites. Cyrus Hotel incorporates an energizing and luxurious contemporary design with a dash of Midwestern charm. With a vibrant, welcoming spirit, Cyrus Hotel represents the essence of the pioneer, the individuals as confident in their journey as they are in themselves.
- Reserve by September 27 for the KanSPRA discounted room rate of $103.00/night. Room rates do not include applicable taxes, fees, or assessments, currently: 18.15% plus $1.18 per night of TBID Topeka Business Improvement District Fee, which are subject to change, or incidental charges.
- Book online at https://res.windsurfercrs.com/ibe/details.aspx?propertyid=15784&nights=1&checkin=10/23/2019&group=5543351
Kick Back & Relax on Thursday!
- Thursday, October 24, 5:30 p.m. Dinner and Activity!
- Qdoba Mexican Bar and Topeka Board and Brush, 3703 SW Burlingame Rd, Suite 300
- Dinner and Board and Brush are included with your conference registration! BYOB – bring your own beverage!
- At Board & Brush Creative Studio, our goal is to turn you into a “DIY master” by educating you to understand and appreciate the beauty of raw materials—the wood, the knots, the color variations and the simple imperfections that will make your project unique. Distressing, sanding with the grain, and staining are a few of the important steps we will guide you through to make your personalized wood sign look as though it has been with you for years—like a vintage heirloom.
- Register for the fun using this link: https://boardandbrush.com/topeka/events/michele39spickyourprojectworkshop
- Access code is KANSAS (all caps)
- Click on the View More tab to see all of the projects
- Choose which project you want to do, fill our your name and email address and click Add Booking
- Deadline: Tuesday, October 22 at Noon
Arriving on Wednesday? Join Us for Dinner!
- Wednesday, October 23 at 5:30pm
- Blind Tiger, 417 SW 37th Street, Topeka
- To reserve a spot, email Michele Jones at email@example.com
- Deadline: October 21